When winter is doing its best to dry you out, the right herbal skin remedy can leave you feeling smooth as butter, like the deliciously fragrant "Mint Chocolate Foot Butter," a herbal foot cream proffered by Megan of Growing Herbal (yet another wonderful source on the web for herbal education) in this blog!
Transitioning from products laden with harsh chemicals to more natural skin care is the first step to feeling great, but the real fun starts when you can get creative in the kitchen, and, as Megan perfectly puts it, blend your herbs, butter, wax, and essential oils into "sweet submission."
How to make your own divinely scented foot butter:
- Fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of water. Put over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- While water is heating, measure out butter and oil. Combine in a glass measuring cup and place in your saucepan.
- Heat until butter has melted. Turn off heat, and remove measuring cup from the saucepan to let the oils cool for 12 hours to completely thicken.
- After 12 hours, add essential oils and blend with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. You will have a thick, mint chocolate glob of white goodness your feet will thank you for!
- Bottle, label, and store.