Mullein is known for being an effective treatment for respiratory problems, but, as this list of uses for mullein via Folk and Co shows, there are a number of other uses for this herb, from the treatment of other bodily ailments to cosmetic uses.
Here are some ways to use mullein:
- Mullein has been used forever in treating asthma. Native Americans would make a smoking blend of mullein and coltsfoot that was used to help treat asthma as well as bronchitis. As an expectorant, it promotes secretion of the air passages.
- It’s also good for treating congestion, coughs, whooping cough,and hay fever.
- It’s been used to treat tuberculosis and other pulmonary diseases
- Mullein is also used to treat inflammation and wounds. It’s an astringent so it tightens the tissue which can reduce bleeding and oozing.
- It softens skin
- The flowers have been used to create a pale yellow dye and it was used as blonde hair dye
Click here to find out 8 more uses for mullein.